Choosing FTA-Approved TAX Agents in the UAE: Everything You Need to Know
Hiring a tax agent in the UAE is a prime requirement for taxable entities to meet their tax-related obligations. The Federal Law No. (7) of 2017 on Tax Procedures defines tax agents in the UAE as any person appointed on behalf of taxable entities to represent them before the Federal Tax Authority (FTA). Tax agents, as per the tax procedures law, must be registered with the FTA and assist the taxable persons to fulfill their tax obligations and exercise their tax rights. The role of tax agents is highly critical for taxable businesses and they must be diligent while hiring tax agents in Dubai, UAE.
You must know the role and responsibilities of a tax agent before appointing one. Also, you must be able to distinguish between tax advisors and FTA-approved tax agents in Dubai, UAE to ensure tax compliance. Appointing the right tax agent is critical to properly meet your tax obligations and save yourself from incurring any type of tax-related penalties. This article will help you select a tax agent who can assist you in all kinds of tax obligations. Read ahead to know further:
FTA-Registered Tax Agents in Dubai, UAE
You should not be scammed by any person posing as a tax agent in Dubai. Businesses should choose only those persons who are registered as tax agents with the FTA. The FTA has established a register for tax agents with a dedicated file for each tax agent. The file contains the information related to the professional conduct of each tax agent. Article 13 of the Tax Procedures Law states that only those persons listed in the Register and licensed by the Ministry of Economy are permitted to practice as a tax agent in the UAE.
Qualities & Qualifications of Best Tax Agents in the UAE
Before appointing a tax agent, you should understand the basic qualities and qualifications the person is required to hold. Article 10 of Cabinet Decision No. (36) of 2017 on the Executive Regulation of Federal Law No. (7) of 2017 states that a tax agent must possess the following qualities and qualifications to be listed in the FTA Register:
- Tax agents in the UAE must be of good conduct & behaviour, should not be convicted of any crime
- Must hold at least a certified Bachelor or Master degree in tax, accounting or law from a recognised educational institution ( a bachelor’s degree plus a tax certification issued by an internationally known tax institute is also accepted)
- At least three years experience as a tax professional / a qualified lawyer or an accountant
- Written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English
- Must have passed any test to meet the qualification standards mandated by the FTA
- Medically fit to perform the duties as a tax agent in the UAE
- Must have professional indemnity insurance or be covered by one
Tax Agency Requirement
Usually, taxable persons engage tax agents through tax agencies in Dubai, UAE with which the agent is associated to provide tax-related services. A tax agency is defined as a legal entity licensed to operate as a tax agency in the UAE and it must be registered with the FTA. An FTA-registered tax agency can operate in the UAE provided it has at least one registered tax agent associated with it.
Role & Responsibilities of UAE Tax Agents
Tax agents in the UAE are responsible for assisting their clients in meeting their tax-related obligations and helping them fulfill all the tax-related requirements stipulated in the VAT law. A tax agent can provide you with proper advice and interpretation of the UAE VAT Law and help you comply with the tax procedures. Some of the top responsibilities of tax agents in the UAE are stated below:
- Helping the businesses to perform VAT registration in the UAE
- Prepare and submit VAT returns to the FTA on behalf of the businesses
- Maintain tax-related records and/or information
- Enquiring about tax-related matters with the FTA
- Submitting requests for reconsideration of decisions issued by the FTA
- Help the businesses prepare for a tax audit
- Assist the business to apply for VAT Deregistration in the UAE
- Appeal to the FTA in case the client incurs tax-related penalties
Why is it Advisable to Hire Tax Agents in Dubai, UAE?
As a taxable entity doing business in the UAE, you will have to ensure that your communication with the FTA is proper and effective. A tax agent in the UAE is the authorised person who can communicate directly with the FTA on your behalf. Since they are registered with and approved by the FTA, tax agents have the authority to represent you before the Authority. Tax agents in the UAE can represent you before the FTA whenever the Authority makes any inquiries or you want to raise any issue to the Authority. Since a tax agent is well-versed in tax laws and the Arabic language, the FTA can easily understand quickly resolve your tax-related issues.
Jitendra Chartered Accountants: The Best Tax Agents in Dubai, UAE
Services of tax agents in Dubai, UAE are a must for businesses to meet their tax obligations and enforce their tax rights. Businesses are required to hire FTA-registered tax agents who will represent them before the Authority on tax-related matters. Jitendra Chartered Accountants (JCA) is an FTA-approved tax agency in the UAE providing bespoke tax services.
We have a highly qualified tax agent in the UAE who is registered with the FTA. As your approved tax agent in Dubai, it’s our responsibility to help our clients to ensure tax compliance. Being one of the leading registered tax agents in the UAE, JCA adheres to the highest standards of professional conduct and code of ethics. It is this professional integrity that makes us maintain our reputation and goodwill for more than 20 years.